ArtAscent values your interest and involvement in ArtAscent and the time you spend on our websites
This privacy statement explains ArtAscent privacy practices for the ArtAscent website, www.ArtAscent.com, and for all sites that are part of the ArtAscent.com domain.
Personal information means any information about you except your name, business title, business address, business e-mail address, business telephone number or business fax number. Please note: names, addresses, e-mail addresses and telephone numbers listed in the telephone or other directories are not considered to be personal information.
Why ArtAscent collects member and customer information
When you become a member of ArtAscent or get involved in ArtAscent activities on this website or elsewhere, ArtAscent responds to your interest by offering to keep you informed about ArtAscent calls for entries, upcoming deadlines, finalists, events, opportunities and offers. Artist contact information is held for the purpose of contacting selected artists regarding this.
The ArtAscent e-newsletter is our principle method of notifying everyone of the finalists and communicating other important information. If you would like to stay informed about ArtAscent selected artists, events, opportunities and offers, you can provide your name and email address and opt in to receiving ArtAscent email announcements. If at any time you wish to stop receiving these emails, you can opt out by clicking on the manage subscriptions link at the bottom of the email to update your communication preferences. You have the choice of whether or not to give us your information or receive ArtAscent email announcements. If you choose to subscribe to our announcements, you have our commitment that they will be relevant to your artistic interests.
Website features requiring the submission of personal information
Submission of personal information to the ArtAscent website is entirely voluntary, except in the case of members and call applicants, for whom current names, email addresses and entry information must be on file. Many areas of the website may be used without supplying any personally identifiable information.
The following site features do require users to supply personal information:
- Membership When you apply to an ArtAscent call and/or become a member, we request your name, address, phone number and email address. After joining, you can update your information on the web at any time.
- Subscriptions When you apply to an ArtAscent Art & Literature Journal magazine subscription, we request your name, address, phone number and email address.
- ArtAscent publications, artist directories, websites and social spaces If you wish to apply to an ArtAscent call or order ArtAscent publications, we request information, such as your name, address, phone number, email address, website address, country, application images, application articles, descriptions and testimonials. Your name, website address, country, application images, application articles, descriptions and testimonials may published in the ArtAscent magazine, artist directories, websites, social spaces and other ArtAscent marketing (see Terms for more usage details). Your financial information and shipping information is handled by a third party payment processor (i.e. PayPal). The ArtAscent website does not store financial information nor process financial transactions.
- Surveys From time to time we request information from users of the site via surveys. Participation in surveys is completely voluntary. Information requested may include contact information (such as name and email address), demographic information (such as country and age level), and professional information (such as skills, areas of expertise and subjects of interest). This information will not be released under any circumstances in a manner that will identify the respondent. Personally identifiable information is requested only for internal purposes (for example, to avoid asking for the same information more than once). Survey information will be used for monitoring or improving the use of and satisfaction with this site.
This website contains links to other sites. Please be aware that ArtAscent is not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statement of any website that collects personally identifiable information. This privacy statement applies solely to information collected by this website.
ArtAscent collects aggregate information in the form of log files recorded by the web server. This information includes how many visits we have had to our webpages, the IP address of the computer that person was using, and the address of the referring page. We use this information to analyze trends, administer the site, track users’ movement through the site, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. None of this information is linked to personally identifiable information.
ArtAscent makes careful effort to protect website users’ information. Only employees, consultants or associates who need the information to perform a specific job are granted access to personally identifiable information. We make efforts to keep software up to date and to use reputable servers. The ArtAscent.com website is hosted with an installed SSL certificate to provide secure sessions with browsers. A third party security service monitors ArtAscent.com for malware to further help safeguard data.
Disclosing or sharing personal information
ArtAscent is the sole owner of all information collected on all areas of this site. ArtAscent does not sell, share, or rent this information to others in ways different from those disclosed in this statement. We may be required to disclose your personal information when required or permitted to do so by law.
Correcting personal information
If you wish to correct, update or remove your personally identifiable information from our database, or if you no longer wish to receive communications from us, you have various ways of getting in touch with us.
- If you are a member, you can update your information at any time by accessing your profile
- If you are a nonmember, or you would like assistance you may contact us at email@example.com.