Promote yourself, your work and your studio in a beautiful magazine spread featuring your creative space.
Eligibility: Only those who have previously (in the past two years) applied to a paid ArtAscent themed call or ArtTreasury call are eligible for this free promotional opportunity.
Whether you have your dream studio or work out of a corner in your humble home, this space is where your magic is created. Workspaces of artists and writers tell very interesting stories. In each issue of ArtAscent, we are going to showcase up to one creative working space. Share your story with a short article and some photos! Applying is free.*
If you have a studio, write about your journey to this point in your artistic career and how your studio supports your creativity. If you don’t have an official studio, write about how that corner in your home (or other space) serves as the place where your creativity brews and comes alive. Do you sketch or write outside? If so, you could also throw in a photo of you sketching or writing in nature, and a sentence or two about that.
If Your Submission Is Accepted
Selected artists and writers are:
- Published in ArtAscent Art & Literature Journal which is available for purchase in print and digital form. (You get a free digital copy.) Your feature includes your story, photos and artist/writer website link. Magazines are available long after initial release, so your exposure may continue for several years.
- Possibly promoted on the ArtAscent Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest feeds.
How To Apply To This Studio Spotlight Feature
You must supply a short article. If you are selected for publishing, this is the article that will accompany your photos in the Studio Feature. We reserve the right to edit all submitted content. Your article should include:
- Your journey as an artist/writer and a description of your studio/space and how it supports your creativity.
- A summary of your creative vision and aspirations.
- Your most significant educational accreditation relating to art/writing (optional)
Your article must be:
- About 200 words.
- Written in first person (I.e. I, my).
- File type: Doc, docx or txt.
- Name your file in this style: StudioSpotlight_LastnameFirstname.doc.
You must supply photos (about 5 to 8). Your photos should include:
- Your studio/space showing your art/writing supplies and tools.
- You with your art/writing and/or your art/writing supplies and tools.
- Your art/writing.
Your photos must be:
- File type: Jpg.
- Name your files in this style: StudioSpotlight_LastnameFirstname_ImageTitle.jpg.
- Each file shouldn’t exceed 7MB, total file upload cannot exceed 60MB. Images must be at least 1500 pixels on one side. (The larger the file, the larger it can be in the magazine. Full pages require at least 2200 x 2750 pixels.)
The Studio Spotlight Feature submission process includes submission of application form, submission review, submission editing, possible publication in ArtAscent magazine, and possible publication on website and/or social media. Selection of Studio Spotlight Feature applicants is independent of selection of paid ArtAscent themed call applicants.
*Only those who have submitted an ArtAscent themed call application and fee in the past two years are eligible.