Promote yourself and share your creative techniques in a beautiful magazine spread featuring your work.
Eligibility: Only those who have previously (in the past two years) applied to a paid ArtAscent themed or ArtTreasury call are eligible for this free promotional opportunity.
Showcase your expertise and unique style by sharing your creative techniques in a how-to style of article. In each issue of ArtAscent, we are going to showcase up to one artist’s story. Share your story with a short article and some photos! Applying is free.*
If Your Submission Is Accepted
Selected artists and writers are:
- Published in ArtAscent Art & Literature Journal which is available for purchase in print and digital form. (You get a free digital copy.) Your feature includes your story, photos and artist/writer website link. Magazines are available long after initial release, so your exposure may continue for several years.
- Possibly promoted on the ArtAscent Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest feeds.
How To Apply To This Artists Techniques Feature
You must supply a short article. Your article should include:
- A short introduction highlighting what your art is all about.
- A how-to, step-by-step description of your process, showing how you make your creation.
- Your name, artist/writer website address (if you have one), your country of residence (optional), your most significant educational accreditation relating to art/writing (optional) – these will be used in a closing paragraph.
Your article must be:
- About 400 to 900 words.
- Written in first person (I.e. I, my).
- File type: Doc, docx or txt.
- Name your files in this style: ArtistTechniques_LastnameFirstname_Article.doc.
You must supply photos (about 5 to 8). Your photos should include:
- Stages of progress of your artwork.
- The final, completed artwork.
Your photos must be:
- File type: Jpg.
- Name your files in this style: ArtistTechniques_LastnameFirstname_ImageTitle.jpg.
- Each file shouldn’t exceed 7MB, total file upload cannot exceed 60MB. Images must be at least 1500 pixels on one side. (The larger the file, the larger it can be in the magazine. Full pages require at least 2200 x 2750 pixels.)
The Artist Techniques Feature submission process includes submission of application form, submission review, submission editing, possible publication in ArtAscent magazine, and possible publication on website and/or social media. Selection of Artist Techniques Feature applicants is independent of selection of paid ArtAscent themed call applicants. We reserve the right to edit all submitted content.
*Only those who have submitted an ArtAscent themed call application and fee in the past two years are eligible.