Promote yourself, your work and your studio in a beautiful magazine spread. Call for artists! Call for writers!
ArtAscent is accepting Studio Feature submissions from ArtAscent themed call applicants. We think creative workspaces tell very interesting stories. In each issue of ArtAscent, we are going to showcase up to one creative working space.
Applying is free. Only those who have submitted a themed Call for Artists or Call for Writers application and fee are eligible.
The Studio Feature submission process includes submission of studio feature application, submission review, and publication in ArtAscent magazine, and possibly website and/or online social media. Selection of Studio Feature artists is independent of selection of themed call artists.
Call for artists and writers: ArtAscent is now accepting submissions for the international call for artists themed “Pets.”
Animal companions, pampered sweethearts, cherished creatures. Show us what pets are to you.
All artists 18 years and older can apply. Submitted work can include visual art – paintings, drawings, photography, mixed media, digital, printmaking, installations, ceramics, jewelry, sculpture and other 2- and 3-dimensional media – and written art – fiction, poetry, short stories and other written explorations (up to 900 words). Submissions must be the original work of the applicant(s).
All work is evaluated based on the vision as relates to the submission theme. Submissions including diverse interpretations of the theme will be considered. The beauty of art is that 100 artists can look at the same thing and interpret it in completely unique ways. That’s what can make it breathtaking. When you apply online, there is an ‘artists statement’ portion where you can provide context for your art and briefly explain how it relates to the theme. Share your interpretation and you might be professionally reviewed and profiled, and/or be published in ArtAscent Journal of Art & Literature.
The submission process includes application fee, application form, submission review and jurying, and selected artists publication in ArtAscent magazine, website and online social media. Each call is juried independently, so previously selected artists have equal opportunity of being selected again. The focus is on creating a strong and diverse collection of work that explores the call theme.
Deadline August 31, 2014
All selected artists and writers receive publication in ArtAscent Art & Literature Journal as well as exposure promotion on the ArtAscent website and social media channels. Selected artists also receive the following:
Gold Visual Artist (1)
- Featured in ArtAscent Magazine Gold Artist section with an accompanying professional review/profile written by our art writer including your bio, your artwork, and your website link.
Gold Writer Artist (1)
- Featured in ArtAscent Magazine Gold Writer section with an accompanying professional review/profile written by our art writer including your bio, your writing and your website link.
Silver Visual Artist (1)
- Featured in ArtAscent Magazine Silver Artist section with an accompanying professional review/profile written by our art writer including your bio, your artwork, and your website link.
Bronze Visual Artist (1)
- Featured in ArtAscent Magazine Bronze Artist section with an accompanying professional review/profile written by our art writer including your bio, your artwork, and your website link.
Distinguished Artists (17-27 visual artists, 2-6 writer artists)
- Featured in ArtAscent Magazine Distinguished Artist section with your artwork and your website link.
- At least 17 Distinguished visual artists will be published, but depending on entries, we may select and publish up to 27. At least two Distinguished writer artists will be published, but depending on entries, we may select and publish up to 6.
How To Apply To This Call For Artists and Writers
- Our calls for artists do not include video, sound or performance.
- We do not represent artists or sell their work. Any purchase inquiries will be referred directly to the artist.
- Your submission may be previously published, but must be your original creation.
- All application images and stories submitted to ArtAscent remain the property of the artist and the artist retains the copyright. Applicants agree that ArtAscent may feature their submitted entry for display, marketing, promotions, and exhibition archives worldwide and for all time. We will credit each artist with their name, artwork title and media, website, photographer credit, and gallery if requested.
- If the application form is not completed correctly, you may need to re-enter your information again. It’s a good idea to keep a copy of your information in case you need to use it again.
1. Be prepared with:
- Your artist statement including how your images represent the call theme (200-300 words is suggested)
- Your artist biography (200-300 words is suggested)
- Visual artists: Your images (The larger the file, the larger it can be in the magazine) and your image list including image title, size, medium and price | Image file size: 1500 pixels minimum on any side | Image file type: Jpg or PDF | Max. size of each file: 7MB | Name your image files this way: “YourName_ImageName.jpg”
- Writer artists: Your article | File type: doc or txt | Max. size of each file: 7MB | Name your article files this way: “YourName_ArticleName.doc”
2. Choose one or more of the following.
One image – artist
Up to three images – artist
Up to eight images – artist
One article – writer
3. Click view cart and complete the application payment process. After you submit payment, your browser will be redirected to the online call for artists application form. If you are not redirected correctly, please check your inbox for an email with a link to your application form.